Skip to main content

Dyslexic blabbing

What’s amazingly interesting is how so much seemingly unrelated bits of information come together, precisely when I need it to, when just a few seconds before they were nowhere in my immediate thoughts/memory.

The actual storing of information constantly amazes me! I think that the key element here is me observing and taking note of all these little things and details, which to most people seem irrelevant, worthless, unrelated and unimportant (due to conditioning).

This practice of observing and noting things offers me another advantage. I've gathered a plethora of experiential information that I don't even need to store in my short-term memory. This approach prevents my mind from becoming cluttered with excessive memorization and constant rumination, allowing me to think more clearly. This wealth of information comes in handy when I aim to uncover the true meaning of what I'm reading, understand someone speaking (because I genuinely listen), or navigate my desires and needs in a given situation, without losing the bigger picture.

Maybe the “dyslexic” mind is far from ego-based or maybe it has the opportunity to figure out ego easier and more creatively. We’ll figure all this out at some point in the future, making the hemispheres cooperate, far exceeding our current brain/mind activity and abilities. 

Not to mention that I could write and speak about (which I often do) on a dozen subjects each day. Sometimes, just a minor pretext will suffice, to get the ball rolling in my mind. And many people just sit wondering, “now, where did all this come from?” or “what’s hiding behind what she’s saying…what are her 'real' motives?” or simply dismiss it all as irrelevant to their own problems and thought patterns. It’s all very interesting when I discover our minds' workings in conversations. We all have such unique, subjective perceptions!

For now, “disability” and “slow” still hold the reigns in people’s minds as to what “dyslexia” is. It makes categorization and separation easier. It also gives rise to a whole “correcting” and “healing” market, which in the past I got caught in, for a while. Fruitless really, as each of us is unique and dyslexia isn't a disability.